Monday, February 7, 2011

Facing Reality

I recently bowed out as DM from a D&D game I've been running on and off for about 3 years. I also have cut out just about everything in my life that isn't work or family.

This isn't because I don't want to write, or that I don't enjoy posting my stories, it's because I am now a partner in a small law firm, and we are swimming upstream in an effort to pay our bills.

I've tried to write, and it comes out worse than flat. I'm perpetually exhausted creatively, and I have to face reality.

Until my firm really takes off down the runway, I need to focus everything I can on it in order to provide for my wife, my two daughters, and my son.

So...I'll attempt to return on or before 4/1, but no promises.

Thank you for reading and for hanging in there.

3 comments:

toaster_pimp said...

thnx for lettin know. damn straight focus on what matters, not your dnd fanfic. besides, you had a good run here- better than any other fanfic i've ever read.

gl

Charles said...

I appreciate the kind words, thank you

Merlon said...

Take your time to sort it out.

Gives us something to wait :)